Friday, March 11, 2016

Springtime in Philly

As you may know, the weather this past week has been beautiful, especially for the beginning of March. Yesterday was close to 80 degrees! The springtime in Philly is wonderful, because there are a lot of different ways to enjoy the gorgeous weather. 

I've only been back from spring break for one day, but I've already been able to take advantage of a few outdoor activities the city has to offer. Today I was able to get some of my reading done in Rittenhouse Square Park, which was perfectly crowded with people and their pets. Being outside in the sunshine makes doing schoolwork all the more enjoyable - it seems less like a requirement and more like a pasttime. 
I took a really long walk as another excuse to stay outside. I started along the Schuykill River Trail, a popular running/walking trail along the banks of the river. The trail is excellent because it spans about 10 miles in Philly, and then another 120 miles throughout southeastern PA. On the stretch of the trail I usually walk, you can actually come to the Museum area and stop by the famous Rocky steps. It's really great if you're a runner, but it's beautiful regardless. 
For more ideas of how to celebrate the nice weather, check out www.uwishunu.com, a great blog about all the different events taking place in Philadephia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment