Monday, December 21, 2015

Winter Break!

I can't believe my first semester of grad school is done. The past few months have flown by so fast. I can't express my gratitude for having such a great semester with wonderful professors, classmates, and learning experiences. That being said, I am excited to have a couple weeks off to unwind, relax, and enjoy the holiday season with family and friends. 

Speaking of the holidays, I wanted to share my experience at one of the best holiday traditions around Philly - the Longwood Gardens Christmas lights. It's about 45 mins to an hour outside of Philly, but the drive is so worth the view of all the beautiful lights and decorations. I went to Longwood Gardens in the summer when I first moved to Philly, when it was filled with flowers in full bloom, but I think the holiday decorations made it even better this time around. There were miles of Christmas lights and greenhouses full of sparkly trees and poinsettias. Obviously, I took photos. 



I love that Philly's location makes it easy to visit such beautiful places outside of the city. I'll be sad to be away for a few weeks, but I'm already looking forward to being back for my second semester next year.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment